Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Twists and Turns

Life is full of twists and turns. That's something we learn early on. My four year old nephew is visiting and there was a big ceremonial sunflower planting. He learned to put dirt in peat pots and stuck sunflower seeds in each one. Then they were obviously planted in my freshly dug bed. I wasn't there for it but hey...






I haven't seen any of the seeds sprout in the bed anyhow. There's no room to stick amaryllis in here for now so I guess they'll just stay in pots for a little bit longer.



A most unexpected surprise! A rose bush! This spot had a raised bed with two rose bushes growing. When I made those banana peel concoctions, the plants thrived and bloomed. As soon as I stopped, the plants just went back to struggling and sickly. The two rosebushes were thrown out and the raised bed was taken out. The dirt was spread around. To see this rose bush pop up... I'm not sure how that happened. Roots? Seeds? I don't know. It's most unusual!



This was also another neat surprise. I didn't expect anything to return because of how frozen the winter was. To see moss roses growing in this basket was pretty awesome.



Sometimes my camera hates me and doesn't want to do macro. Then there are times when a shot comes out surprisingly well. This is a close-up of Spiderwort flowers.



The dragon arum was starting to do its little 'getting weak and ready to fall over' act so a cage was set up around it to keep it upright. The base of the dragon arums are pretty thick though. My fingers are crossed for a bloom this year!



I wasn't sure if I was going to toss this one in or not... It's a shot of the Empress Paulownia flowers. The tree itself is pretty terrible looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment