Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bush Honeysuckles are Evil!



It's in full bloom again. I remember *years* back when this first flowered, I took pictures and posted it at a forum to see if anyone would recognize it. Everyone said the flowers look like the honeysuckle vine but no one's ever seen it in tree form. "A hybrid of some sort?" so I thought that was pretty nifty. I did tons of searches but never did find anything except the annoying honeysuckle vine.




Today when I went out, I took pictures of the tree and decided that maybe I should post them on a forum again but out of curiosity I did a google search for honeysuckle and came across Bush Honeysuckles! I was pretty surprised to discover it so quickly! ... and also surprised to see that there were many sites devoted to the idea of destroying them. Yikes.




I don't think this tree will be destroyed. Hummingbirds know there's a feeder hanging in the tree so they return every year for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment