Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Planted Seeds - Joy!



Turns out that there was another tube from Desert Gatherings. A hummingbird garden. I was thinking of opening the capsules and spreading the seeds out but a few people I talked to all said the same thing. "Why?" I can't imagine a bunch of seeds in capsules are gonna do fine but... Instructions say nothing about doing anything with capsules so I just stuck them both each in a pot.



The large brown seeds - I put two to each pot so that's 5 pots altogether for the hummingbird assortment.




I planted 2 Century Plant seeds and 2 Joshua Tree seeds. Didn't want to use them all up right away. I was confused by the instructions though. It says to keep the pots in an inch of water. I found two lids and just poured water in 'em and all. You can see the tiny terracotta pot there, obscured by the spider plant stolons. hehe.

The one thing I did find neat in the instructions was this: If your plant reaches at least four inches in height, please return it to the desert from which it came.

My sister bought the seeds in Las Vegas soooo... I don't see myself going there any time soon! hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment