Monday, April 5, 2010

New Tomato Hanger

I got a new tomato hanger. This time it is "Tomato Planter" by Handy Trends. I was thankful that my tomato plant was still rather small. The plastic 'star' there was really tough. I'm not even sure this was a good design. What happens when the trunk of the tomato plant gets thicker than that?



I struggled to pull the tomato plant through and filled the bag up. I hope I didn't damage the root system or anything. Guess we'll see. This is definitely a temporary location! Just couldn't find any other hook! hehe.




And then an update on my peat pot tray. Some of my Salvia grew and then died. I guess it was too much for them so I may have to stick the seeds directly into the bed that I plan to make for 'em. The Scarlet O'Hara Morning Glory seeds were planted in three peat pots but for some reason only one peat pot took off!

1 comment:

  1. It *is* weird and misshapen. The Topsy Turvy is the easiest since there's a great big hole to slip the tomato plant's rootball through and then use a sponge to lock it in place. This strong plastic 'star' on the bottom just made it a nightmare to slip my tiny tomato plant through... At least it worked this time around.

    I guess I'll toss the salvia seeds directly into the bed and let them fend for themselves. hehe. Does your salvia return every year? I was surprised the packet said they were annuals. I used to own two salvia plants years ago and both returned every year until the bed was taken apart and I never found the two plants in all that dirt.

    ReplyDelete