Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pollenerrific!

*cough cough* The pollen in the air is getting worse. Every day that passes, the air gets more and more yellow. Yesterday I was filling a bird feeder when suddenly thick yellow stuff rained down from above. A pine tree was literally dumping them by the pound over my head. Not amused.



The only thing pollen is helpful for is identifying locations of spiderwebs. I had to take a picture of this one because it looks like it's just hovering there. What I am curious about is why the immediate spiderweb got pollen-clogged yet the strands that support the web is untouched...



I love surprises! Guess what I spotted growing in my banana plant pot? This tomato plant! It's definitely gotta be from the cherry tomato variety. Towards the end of summer, lots of little cherry tomatoes were rotting and falling off. One must've landed inside this pot and this little plant took off. It's the only one I see right now. When it gets bigger, I'll have to repot it - maybe even do a hanging tomato with this one - if not, it'll be in a container of its own at least.



I was asked to post my Pachira Tree. This guy was the only one to survive from a 'Dollar Tree'. The rest died one by one and this one was the last one to hang in there. Eventually he grew! I wish I could show how fat the base is. It just seems small in this picture. hehe.



And of course, the trailing petunias that took off in the pachira pot. I was really surprised that they already started blooming. That was fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment