Sunday, February 26, 2012

Not Candy Floss Amaryllis

My Candy Floss finally bloomed a few days ago but the more I stared at the image on the website that I bought the bulb from, the more I was convinced that this isn't Candy Floss. The Candy Floss displayed on the site also had white stamen/anthers while mine were pink. So I posted a thread in the Amaryllis forum to see what other members thought.

The two pictures below are outside in evening sun:


The one picture below is inside under white light and flash:

Members pretty much confirmed that I do not have Candy Floss. One member posted a picture of his Candy Floss. Then there were suggestions such as, "Could it be Summertime? Could it be Milady?" Then the thread petered out with no solid guess on what the flower could be. I did contact the site that I ordered the bulb from but did not hear back from them. I'll probably give it a week before contacting them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment