Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Green Dragon Amaryllis - self pollinated.

Wow. I thought I posted pictures of the Green Dragon Amaryllis when it bloomed. Guess not...

Below taken January 24th 2012:


Below five taken January 31, 2012 in different shades/sun:



Three other flower buds behind the one that opened.



Below taken February 5, 2012. One bud was aborted so only three blooms came out to play.

Sad looking Green Dragon

Below taken today:

I decided to self-pollinate the Green Dragon Amaryllis to see if it'd take. I have no idea if it worked or not. The pods don't seem to be swelling. The biggest pod in the middle belonged to the first bloom that came out.

Hopefully once spring comes, I can get this little guy in the ground and it can thrive. I'm afraid I'm not cut out for growing amaryllis in small pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment