Thursday, May 20, 2010

Darn birds!




I hate it when birds pick THE worst places to build their nests. I walked by my hanging tomato plant and this madness of fluttering zoomed by my head. A bird didn't like me being too close. Too close to what? .. Apparently the hanging tomato basket!

A lot of fidgeting, ladder climbing, leaning in awkward positions - I was able to find out that the nest did not have any eggs.



I feel like a monster for pulling the nest out and chucking it aside but the tomato plant is more important. If there were eggs in there - then I'd be really out of luck. There's been situations where we were way too late and we had no choice but to leave stuff sitting in one spot for weeks. A couple examples - One bird made a nest through a hole on the side of the grill. Because there were eggs, it had to be left alone. Another situation, there were three folding chairs on the cement porch out back and someone threw tarp over it to prevent it from getting wet. A bird actually made a nest in one of the cupholders of the folding chair. There were eggs in it so we left that mess alone until the babies hatched and they all left.

I need to put something over the holes to prevent this from happening again to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment