Sunday, January 17, 2010

Schlumbergeras

I stepped out today and was greeted with 74 degrees in return. Where'd that come from?! It's been frozen around here for about two weeks. I knew it was going to sprinkle through the night but tons and tons of rain was dumped. Gnats are everywhere which is a bit surprising because I was sure the long-term freeze would've cut them down. Hmm...

The weather must be wreaking havoc anyhow. Tomorrow's high was 71 and now it's at 58. So we'll see how it goes. Anyhow the warm temperature allowed me to open the greenhouse doors and take some plants out to inspect them. While the freeze/heater stressed some of them, they all seem to be doing okay.


The thanksgiving cacti dropped a good chunk of their new fruits, which was disappointing, but some are hanging on. I already wish spring was here so that the plants can get back to thriving instead of tolerating current conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment