Sunday, December 16, 2007

Warm Temps persist...

There was a massive amount of rain that came through the area but what surprises me was that the temperature kept going up all night long. It stopped at 70 degrees. Man, it was humid out there but I can't deny that I loved watching the intense rain drown everything.

Come morning, I went to look around and to my surprise, I found out that a fire ant colony decided to seek a safe haven...



I have two pots of eastern prickly pear (the second in the upper right corner) and this pot is completely overwhelmed by the fire ants.

I can't believe that it is December. It's supposed to be winter with freezing cold temperatures. Who knows though... Starting tonight and tomorrow, it's supposed to plummet into the 30s before it warms up again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time seeing it. I see a lot of gray stuff on the top. Is that soil or is that a mound of ants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the mound. A lot of the prickly pear got covered by it. I'll take a picture from a lower angle in the morning to try to get a better view.

    ReplyDelete