Monday, December 17, 2007

Garden Police

"Garden Police! Come out with your hands up!"

Man, I totally forgot about this show. I used to watch it over a year ago before I stopped due to reruns.

If you've never seen it before, the show is hosted by Shirley Bovshow & Michael Glassman. It's pretty neat how they act like police. They got the siren going, reviewing photos in their folder on their way to the perpetrator's home, then they slap up the police tape and drag the poor homeowners out.

A citation is quickly written up but it can be ripped up if the homeowners put in 'Sweat Equity' for two days to fix up the front yard. The Green Team is also brought in to assist the hosts and homeowners.

Another thing I like about the show is that they go to houses where the front yards are absolutely detestable. It's not like other shows where the yard or house already looks nice to begin with before they fancy-shmancy it up.

I wouldn't mind having an irrigation system installed in my front yard - but (un?)fortunately, the front yard isn't disgusting enough to catch their attention. ;)

4 comments:

  1. You could always plant a few dead plants and see if they'd come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that'd work! hehehe. I saw an episode where the homeowner had this giant cactus pushing against the mailbox. That was pretty fun to see, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is Shirley Bovshow, one of the hosts and designers of the Garden Police show! I noticed you were talking about our show. Thanks. Yes, we are in reruns now, unfortunately. Michael and I enjoyed doing the show and bringing "justice" to ugly yards. I hope you will drop in to my website from time to time and check out my television appearance schedule. I'll be on HGTV's special, "25-Biggest Landscape Blunders" sometime in March 2008. Lot's of other shows too! Sorry I can't help you with your yard. My web site is ShirleysGarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm honored you commented in my blog! My yard'll survive. I take more care of it than the homeowners you bust. ;)

    ReplyDelete