Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving Cacti & Christmas Cactus

Wow. I been meaning to update my blog. I'd take some pictures but once I looked them over, I didn't think they were worthy of a post. I was nudged into posting something so I decided to update on my Thanksgiving Cacti and Christmas Cactus.


Pink Thanksgiving Cactus



Close-Up of Pink



Dark Marie Thanksgiving Cactus



Yellow Thanksgiving Cactus



Left: Salmon Thanksgiving Cactus
Right: White Thanksgiving Cactus


Not only that.. but I was extremely surprised to see that my Christmas Cactus has a bud. I didn't think it would bud this year as I got them as clippings at the beginning of the year...


Christmas Cactus

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you're going to have a huge flower display. My white one is starting to open up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and today I found a piece of a plant that had fallen off (one and a half segments long) and it has a bud. I'm wondering if the broken piece will flower.

    Kinda rooting (no pun intended) for the little guy to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a piece myself that came off the pink plant while it had buds. I don't know why that happened. I stuck it in another pot but I don't know if it'll keep flowering and send out roots at the same time?

    Do you want me to break you off a few pieces from my yellow TC in the spring when it comes out of dormancy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my first Dark Marie (well, actually my first plant ever) and cannot seem to find watering or planting information on it... How often do you water yours? Are there any secret tips I should know about? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete