Friday, June 29, 2007

New Experiences on its way...

One of the things I like to do when it comes to plants are trying new things. I remember a few years back, I grew pineapple plants. I'll have to do a search in my pictures for them.

But new things are happening fast now.




It seems that I finally have Amaryllis growing from seed in the flowerbox. It's been days shy of a month since I planted them and I was feeling discouraged because a wild fern grew awhile back. Oy.

Imagine my excitement to see grass-like plants growing! This'll be exciting!

But it appears I have a new undertaking. Back in December/January, I had a yellow christmas cactus that had three seed pods (fruits?). Two of them fell off a couple months down the road and were no good. The third pod started yellowing/pinking up and I found out today that it had fallen off. I was annoyed but when I cut it open, there seems to be healthy seeds inside.


Schlumbergera - Thanksgiving Cactus


I'll be picking the seeds out and planting them soon to see if I have any luck with these.

It's kinda neat to take a non-traditional route by planting seeds instead of splitting bulbs or rooting cuttings.

1 comment: