Sunday, April 22, 2007

A look around the yard today...

Hibiscus
Hibiscus


The hibiscus are starting to grow in real good. This group is always the first to come and always the first to grow before the other two can catch up.

Sawfly
Sawfly


And it appears the battle has begun. There's several sawflies swarming around this one. Oy. I have to start applying sevin spray as that's the only thing that has ever worked on the buggers.

Iris
Iris


Iris
Iris


You know, I still can't figure out how to pollinate them? Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do here? I imagine that toilet-brush looking thing is the anther that I'm supposed to pluck. Where do I apply this thing to pollinate the flower?

Mini Tomato Grow Kit
Mini Tomato Grow Kit


At first when the seeds came up, it didn't resemble anything like a tomato plant. Then the extra leaves grew in and now they look like tomato plants. According to the instructions, I'm to start giving them fertilizer when they're 2" and then separate when they're 5".

Wisteria
Wisteria


I plucked a few wisteria seedlings and figured it'd be neat to take a picture of one to show y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment