Thursday, April 5, 2007

Spring was here!

For the next five days starting tonight, the lows dip into the 30s. Saturday night's low was at 28 but now it's up to 31 but still just as bad. This means I'll have to start pushing stuff back into the greenhouse and cranking up the heater.


Iris



Iris



Iris


I'm excited about the Iris in the pot. A friend sent it to me a few years ago and they haven't bloomed since. I can't wait to see what colors spring forth from these because all he said was that they're mixed.


Amarylis



A few days ago, I tossed some seeds around into the beds such as the Alyssum. I took a look today and sure enough, they were little sprouts everywhere. Now I'm concerned the cold might make them shrivel up.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear they are finally blooming!!! That is awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if the yellow ones start blooming first as they did in my yard, although your different climate may have a deciding factor in what happens. Let me know when it happens... Yay!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of Amaryllis do you have there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff - I'll definitely keep you updated on what colors they'll be. I'm also thinking of pollinating them for fun too.

    MrBrownThumb - I don't know. I just know that it was labeled as Amaryllis. I'll have to take another picture of the bloom fully opened and look around to see if I can make a good guess.

    ReplyDelete