Thursday, May 3, 2007

A couple updates...

Amaryllis
Amaryllis
Close-up 1
Close-up 2


In the first picture, you can see that the biggest Amaryllis bulb is starting to send out a bud. This bloomed last year and it was a beautiful flower. Oh, also an update on the Amaryllis that bloomed a few weeks back, It appears that only one seed pod was successful out of four.

Lily Lilies
Lily Bed
Close-up 1


I'm surprised that many of them are starting to bud. I hope many of them open at the same time so that I can cross-pollinate.

Rose Roses
Roses Bed
Close-up 1


What blows me away is that three rose bushes are budding. It's only a matter of time before I finally know the colors of some of them.

Yarrow
Yarrow Bed
Close-up 1


People keep asking me what I do for the yarrow and the answer is... nothing! I don't know why they're so tall. It's pretty neat that there's so many buds ready to open. It'll be a blanket of white pretty soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your Lilies seem to be growing faster than mine. Mine aren't as tall as yours but I'm hoping for some to be blooming simultaneously so that I can cross them too.


    Last year I went around the neighborhood collecting various seed pods from them but now I can't remember where I put the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know where you put the seeds? That's just as bad as a family member tossing out the seeds you were saving! hehe.

    Lily seeds need to be planted out in fall before winter, right? That way they pop up in spring?

    ReplyDelete