Saturday, April 30, 2011

Venus Fly Trap and other updates


The left amaryllis clump has tons of blooms coming up and getting ready to open. The middle clump is my seed-grown batch and there's still only two buds (which I am still ecstatic about!). The right clump is still slow going. In the back are the banana plants. For some reason, the leaves of the largest one is coming out all damaged. I'm not sure what's going on with that one.


A close-up of an amaryllis bud from my seed-grown batch. Fingers tapping impatiently...


My dragon arum plants are still slowly opening. You can see the purple edging on the left one. It's getting close now.


Two purple iris flowers and a pollinated seed pod to the side.


I got to thinking that I really miss my prickly pear flowering every spring so I yanked the plant out of its terrible pot and repotted it in a much larger pot (which is semi-medium). Suddenly one pad just shot out so it's extremely happy at the moment.


It took me a little bit to remember what these are in the amaryllis bed. I knew they weren't weeds and I do remember opening a packet and just scattering the seeds all willy nilly without doing anything else. I believe these are the Blue Queen Salvia seedlings.


And yes.... I finally got a Venus Fly Trap today! It's kinda weird because I usually see Venus Fly Traps in red pots with a plastic 'cup' on top. I've never seen it sold like this before. The pot is very tiny and I can't help but feel I need to repot it so that it doesn't dry out so fast. Either that or I'll just have to set up a dish with some rocks so that water always touches the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment