Friday, March 18, 2011

Random Plants


AMARYLLIS

This picture is of my Amaryllis batch that I started from seeds in 2007. My fingers are crossed that at least one of them blooms this spring. Just one. That's all I'm asking! I really really want to see one of them bloom to see what they look like.




Dragon Arum (Dracunculus Vulgaris)

I am really stunned that we haven't had a frost yet. Look how big they're getting! Usually we have a last minute frost that hurts them but nothing like that has happened yet. Fingers crossed that there's no frost coming through here again...

Macro fun - close-up of Dragon Arum leaf.


Wisteria

The blooms are getting ready to come out. I don't know how many flowers are getting ready to come out this spring but I don't think we're in for a usual flashy show.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The Dragon Arum got huge so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me nervous because the dragon arum doesn't waste time when the temps start going up so it does get stung by frost several times over... We haven't had anything like that thus far.

    ReplyDelete