Monday, September 24, 2012

Adopting a Keeshond

So what have I been up to? Admittedly nothing garden-wise. Ever since our two year drought came to an end towards the end of May, the rain kept coming. And coming. And coming. Mosquitoes exploded to the point that it was nearly impossible to step outside for two seconds before getting attacked. It didn't help that the West Nile Virus reports were coming in and my state had its first death... I decided not to push it since nothing needed watering.


So what happened? The hyacinth bean vines exploded in all that rain and covered my amaryllis - which I think was probably a good thing. The heat, sun, and humidity killed the amaryllis in the other bed and they died down. The amaryllis shaded by the vines seem to be doing 'okay' from what I can see with their leaves poking out.

It's been about a week since we've had rain so now they're focusing on flowering which is what I was hoping to see pretty soon.

July 28, 2012 - Rainbow

We had pretty nasty storms passing through at the end of July. One storm was so bad that bolts were flashing everywhere and intense light was pouring in through our windows. Then as the storm was leaving, a rainbow appeared. It was a pretty cool sight!

A couple weeks ago, I discovered Keeshonden. Just a random internet search for types of spitz dogs and was stunned when I saw images of Keeshond dogs. They had such a striking resemblance to Bear (1995 - 2011) that I did a search and came across a Keeshond rescue place. It unfolded so fast that before I knew it, we had adopted a Keeshond from a local shelter. Meet Koda.

9/22/12 - Koda the Keeshond

9/23/12

9/23/12

1 comment: