Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunflower stalk splits into two?

 A sunlit tendril curling in front of a vegetable plant leaf. No idea what the plant is though... So far, I know that cucumber has made an appearance because of all the little cucumber flowers. I also saw a couple of zucchini flowers. Whether any has pollinated or not, I don't know... I seem to still be in that mindset that they'll all die off in the soon-to-come summer heat anyhow but I'm still watering the pots diligently.


I walked by a couple of sunflowers growing in the grass/sand (It's fun to let plants live if they don't exactly get in the way). However, I noticed something really odd!

Somehow this sunflower stalk split into two and it's got two healthy stalks coming out of it. They're pretty much the same height as the other sunflowers. Kind of odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment