Saturday, April 4, 2009

Invasive Wisteria / Dragon Arum


Wisteria is very invasive. Not only are they vines that climb and choke trees, they have a complex underground root system that is a nightmare to end. At some point in this house's lifetime, someone planted wisteria and over the decades, Wisteria has taken over the woods and even across the street to other houses. I just know the starting point was somewhere on my property since the worst is here!

The only plus side - the smell of Wisteria. It's *incredibly* strong and attracts thousands of bees. Normally they don't bother you if you get too close... sometimes. hehe.


An attempt as a close-up of a bee in the midst of Wisteria blooms.


I am never happy with my pictures that I take of the dragon arum (dracunculus vulgaris). I keep taking more and more pictures but I finally settled on this one. I think because it's so "busy". The dragon arum is drowning in with all the other plants coming back - such as the Iris. This is the first time in years that it's growing like this. I guess I finally put it in a spot that it immensely enjoys! *rubs hands* Please show me some blooms this year, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment